Send the answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and insert “commission request” in the subject line.
*If these questions seem overwhelming you can always email me a general idea of what you want and disregard questions 4-8.
- Paper or canvas?
- Primary color suggestions.
- Medium suggestions: Do you want a black, inky painting or a light pastel acrylic image? Do you want to see soft pastel areas? If you can’t identify a specific medium you would like please give me some adjectives directing me towards how you want the painting to feel. Cloudy? Fluid? Sharp? Chaotic?
- Include some examples of previous paintings I’ve created as a reference if possible.
- Do you want a botanical motif, pure abstraction, or figurative work?
- Some people enjoy a white (bare paper) background while others like a filled page. Which do you prefer? No pressure if you can’t decide.
- If there are any images, feelings, or memories you would like me to incorporate into your painting please include those as well.
A nonrefundable deposit of 50% is required for me to begin working on your painting. I will invoice your email via Google Wallet.
Canvas paintings are $30 per linear inch.
Paper works are $25 per linear inch.
For example: If you want an 8 x 10 inch painting on paper, 8 + 10 = 18, 18 x $20 = $360.00.
I will send you a work in progress image that you can leave feedback on. Please keep in mind that the middle point of most paintings is a fully developed image “problem.” Please do not judge the composition too harshly as it is likely to be drastically altered in the later stages. The purpose of the WIP image is to touch base on the color and materiality of the piece. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the first portion of your painting to be completed, and another 2-3 weeks for completion. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs.
Full payment is due prior to shipment.